Submissions open from February 7 until March 23
Come Up With An Idea To Make Your School A Kinder Place and Win:
25 winning schools will get up to RM1,000 each in grant funding to make their ideas a reality!
Selected participants will get a special visit from our #StandTogether celebrity ambassadors at their schools.
A feature article in The Star and the title of “Malaysia’s Kindest School “.
Tell Us Your Ideas
Propose an activity you would like to run during National Kindness Week. It could be an existing idea or a new one,and you can submit as many as you want!
Get permission from your school by filling up the school permission letter.
Want to know more about the competition?
There are two phases to the competition:
Phase 1 (Feb 7-March 23):
- At least 20 schools with the best ideas for a kindness project will be awarded a cash grant of up to RM1000 each to fund your proposed idea.
- Selected students will also receive a visit from one of our celebrity ambassadors on top of the cash grant during the National Kindness Week (April 2-6, 2018).
- Selected schools to be announced on March 20.
Phase 2 (April 2-6):
- The 10 shortlisted schools will implement their proposals in their school during National Kindness Week (April 2-6, 2018).
- The Kindness Project that creates the biggest impact on their school’s environment will be awarded the title of “Malaysia’s Kindest School”, a feature article in The Star and The Star Online and a grand prize.
- If you are not shortlisted, you are also encouraged to run your kindness project in your school!
- Winner to be announced on April 15.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can a school send in multiple entries?
Yes! Schools can send an unlimited number of entries, but there can only be one winner per school.
Can we submit entries as a group of students?
Yes! You can take part in the competition as a class, a school society, Badan Beruniform, or just a group of friends who want to make the school a kinder place, as long as one group does not exceed 40 students.
Do we have to pay to take part in the competition?
Not at all! Participation is completely free. All you have to do is download the Kindness Kit, the forms are inside.
Who are the #StandTogether celebrity ambassadors?
We have a growing list of celebrities that include Lisa Surihani, JinnyBoyTV, Arwind Kumar, Dayang Nurfaizah and Ann Osman! You can check them out in our videos.
When is the deadline for submissions?
March 23, 2018. So hurry!
We want to organise a #StandTogether Kindness Week in our school, but we don’t want to take part in the competition. Is that okay?
Of course! You can download our free Kindness Week programme (Kindness Kit) here, and request permission from your school principal to run it in your school.
What is the #StandTogether campaign?
#StandTogether is a campaign launched by SP Setia R.AGE to make the first week of April a National Kindness Week.
What is the National Kindness Week?
The National Kindness Week is aimed at encouraging a kinder environment for all Malaysian schools. During this week, schools will have activities that encourage kindness and understanding among students and teachers.
When is the National Kindness Week?
The National Kindness Week is on the first week of every April. For 2018, it will be held from the April 2 to April 6 . If you would like to know how to get your school to take part, go to standtogether.my/competition.
Do I have to implement my idea even if I don’t get selected?
Yes, we strongly encourage you to do this. The goal of the #StandTogether Competition is to get students like you involved in changing the environment of schools across the nation. So get involved!